The myocardial, cerebral, or many times stroke can bring irreparable damage to our body. We must know all about this problem.
The myocardial brain also known as cerebral vascular accident (STROKE) is a very serious problem. A stroke brain happens when there is a decrease in the amount of blood flow reaching the brain, thereby decreasing the amount of oxygen that arrives to this body. When, as a consequence, we have the death of this tissue we suffer so a stroke of the brain.
A STROKE is a problem sudden where the visible effects and senses are immediate since the brain controls everything that we do, think, or feel, immediately, any part of this that is affected will interfere with the way we walk, talk, communicate or even feel.
This obstruction is usually due to a blood clot that clogs an artery, thereby preventing the brain from being fed correctly. But what causes this? What are the associated symptoms? We notice all about the heart brain.
WHAT ARE THE WARNING SIGNS OF A STROKE TO THE BRAIN?
In the same way that the aid and treatment in a myocardial infarction should be fast, also the myocardial brain should be treated as soon as possible. This is due to the fact that the more time pass, more severe can make the symptoms and the more damaged you may be our brain, and may even go into brain death.
Therefore, we must be informed and know what the alarm signals to be able to act quickly in such a case, given that a timely treatment can help in the case of loss of functional capacity and of sensitivity.
First of all, people who exhibit some of the following symptoms should seek a hospital or a doctor immediately, even if the symptom eventually disappear. The alarm signals, you should be aware of are the following:
- Weakness or paralysis sudden onset of a side of the body, such as for example difficulty in moving half of the face, an arm, a leg, or on one of the sides entire;
- Difficulty sudden speaking, unable to find the words, or when the language becomes incomprehensible and slurred;
- Confusion sudden, accompanied by difficulty in understanding what others say, as well as difficulty speaking;
- Blurred sudden vision, as well as blurred vision or even lack of vision;
- Dizziness intense, loss of balance and coordination may lead to falls;
Any one of these symptoms is typically associated with an event of stroke, brain STROKE, and may last a few minutes or a few hours. Any way, should receive treatment and a medical opinion as quickly as possible.
HOW TO RECOGNIZE A CASE OF STROKE?
You must follow the following steps to help you recognize if the person is suffering a STROKE or stroke cerebral:
- Facial weakness: is the person able to smile? Has the mouth or an eye dropped? Has the mouth pie and a salivary?
- Weakness in the arm: a person is able to raise the arms? The person has coordination?
- Problems of speech: the person cannot speak properly? Know answer some basic questions about yourself? Can understand what you are saying?
These are some of the ways to try to understand if the person is suffers a STROKE or a heart attack, and that can help you to help others.
WHAT ARE THE RISK FACTORS FOR A STROKE TO THE BRAIN?
As with all strokes, myocardial brain has several risk factors that put a person more susceptible to suffer with this problem. We will talk a little bit about each one.
- Hypertensionis the main risk factor for STROKE, a time which accelerates the process of atherosclerosis, responsible for most of the clots formed;
- Heart disease: any heart disease, in particular those which produce arrhythmias, can cause a heart attack or STROKE;
- Smoking: the habit is harmful to health in all aspects, especially in those people who already have other risk factors. Smoking accelerates the process of atherosclerosis, decreases the oxygenation of the blood and increases the risk of hypertension;
- High cholesterol: cholesterol is a substance that exists in all our bodies but when their values are changed, especially the increase of LDL (the so-called bad cholesterol,” is present in the saturated fats, namely, those of animal origin, such as meat, egg yolk, etc.) or the reduction of HDL (“good cholesterol”) leads to the formation of the plaques of atherosclerosis;
- Diabetes: is a disease in which the level of sugar (glucose) in the blood is high, and it is essential that this values remain controlled , since it is also associated with risk of developing atherosclerosis and consequently myocardial;
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages: when this occurs for a long time, the cholesterol levels will change leaving the person with a greater propensity to hypertension;
- Obesity: increases the risk of diabetes, hypertension and atherosclerosis, thus increasing, even though indirectly, the risk of STROKE.
WHAT IS THE POSSIBLE TREATMENT? HOW TO PREVENT A STROKE TO THE BRAIN?
The treatment should be performed as soon as possible with the goal of preventing brain damage or serious consequences for the whole life. Thus, the initial treatment and immediate administration of anticoagulation medications, such as Alteplase, which has a great success rate of getting sometimes delete all the sequels. Note that this treatment only has this index of success when it is done up to 4h after the beginning of the STROKE.
Later on you can also be required to perform a surgery, which will control not only the blood pressure as the pressure intra-cranial, trying to dilute the clot.
After hospital discharge, physical therapy is very important for these patients because ultimately the better the quality of life of the patient, avoiding the often permanent damage.
Despite treatment, a STROKE or myocardial brain can leave sequelae, such as:
- Weakness or paralysis of an arm, leg, face of an entire side of the body;
- Loss of motor coordination;
- Difficulty to swallow, speak, and reason;
- Emotional problems, such as depression;
- Fragility in the bones;
- Permanent brain damage.
However, these effects vary greatly from individual to individual and also depend on the time it took to start the treatment with medical supervision. Regardless of the sequels, it is extremely essential to change eating habits, having always as basis the risk factors, as well as the beginning or continuation of realization of physical exercise, in order to have a healthier lifestyle and protect your body from problems such as these.