Know that you can turn the low medical for tiredness if you feel that is reaching or has reached its physical capacity and psychological required on the job.
The low medical for fatigue or burnout (exhaustion, physical and psychological) is a growing reality in our current time, since this is a disorder that impacts the physical level and the psychological.
It is important to know that the medical leave or sick pay, is a right provided to workers in case of temporary unfitness for work. This inability is established by your family Doctor or General and Family Medicine.
The certificate of temporary incapacity can be passed in your health center, in hospital (except in emergency), support services, permanent services and the prevention and treatment of drug addiction.
FATIGUE OR BURNOUT: WHAT IS IT?
Burnout is a physical and mental breakdown that is linked to the exercise of the profession in a physical, emotional, cognitive, and behavioral stressful and above the capacity of the person to deal with them. In this way, the burnout happens when both of the following situations:
- The depersonalization, that is, when the person begins to be callous, cynical, or indifferent in relation to the problems and to the feelings of others and that, ultimately, there is a distancing cognitive to a third party;
- There is feeling of low self-efficacy, which causes a feeling of lack of personal jurisdiction and professional, and feelings of failure;
- Emotional exhaustion, which leads to a lack of constant energy and a sense in which the person feels exhausted all your resources to cope with the situations of the day-to-day.
FATIGUE OR BURNOUT: SYMPTOMATOLOGY USUALLY ASSOCIATED WITH
If you find yourself in a situation of extreme tiredness, one or more of the symptoms described below may arise and cause a physical and psychological strain even greater.
- Constant fatigue;
- Cephalalgia (headaches);
- Bad mood;
- High blood pressure;
- Problems with the thyroid;
- Changes in the pattern of sleep;
- Changes in the pattern of food;
- Depressive mood;
- Social isolation;
- Changes in professional performance;
LOW MEDICAL FOR FATIGUE: WHO HAS THE RIGHT
To have access to the medical leave, the employee must meet a series of conditions, such as for example:
- Have a record of discounts for the Social Security for a period of six months (which may or may not be consecutive);
- Have the Social Security contributions paid up to the end of the 3.Th month prior to the commencement of the incapacity;
- Have 12 days with log wages for work actually rendered, within the 4 months immediately preceding the month that precedes the beginning of the incapacity;
- Among others.
LOW MEDICAL FOR TIREDNESS: THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT
To gain access to information from Social Security, you easily have access to the list of exclusions of any sick leave, which are:
- Workers in pre-retirement who do not work or discount for Social Security;
- Pensioners to receive old-age pension or invalidity pension;
- Prisoners, unless it was to receive this provision before (in this case, it will retain the allowance until the end of medical leave);
- Beneficiaries of unemployment benefit or Allowance, social unemployment, etc.
LOW MEDICAL FOR TIREDNESS: HOW TO GET
In the case of your family Doctor consider that you are suffering from a disease that prevents you from working, it issues a certificate of temporary incapacity (CIT), even indicating the scheduled period.
This CIT is automatically forwarded electronically to the Social Security and later, you should deliver a copy to the employer and the other copy is for you.
If certification of the disease is made manually by the physician, the health services deliver to beneficiary the original of the CIT, which must be sent by the beneficiary to the Social Security for a period of five working days (maximum) from the date of issuance.
LOW MEDICAL FOR TIREDNESS: WHAT IS THE AMOUNT TO RECEIVE
The amount you receive depends on the period of time during which it will take advantage of the low medical, which may vary between 55% and 75% of the base remuneration of the wearer.
If the CIT indicate that it is a low initial, sick pay is only paid from the 4.Th day. The exceptions that are paid from the first day of incapacity are:
- Outpatient surgery;
- Disease that begins when still receiving Parental Allowance and you exceed the expiry of this period.
LOW MEDICAL FOR TIREDNESS: WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM DURATION
The medical discharge has, in most cases, a maximum set by the Social Security of 1095 days.
For self-employed workers and grant recipients and scientific research, the maximum term is 365 days. Workers with disease per tuberculosis does not have a time limit to benefit from low medical.